Dry shampoo is a powder substance that is used to absorb oil in the hair. It is mainly used especially when you’re in a hurry or don’t want to use traditional shampoo. If water is unavailable you can use dry shampoo. Some people used it between regular washings and when they want to restyle their hair. You can buy dry shampoo anywhere but it’s a little expensive.
Here are some steps on how to make a dry shampoo at your home.
What will you need?
1. ½ cup of cornstarch
2. 3-5 drops of lavender essential oil. You can buy it at the supermarket, amazon.com or even in walmart5.com
3. ½ cup of baking soda
Are you ready to start? Here are the steps on how to make a dry shampoo.
1. Prepare the things that are needed such as the cornstarch, lavender essential oil, baking soda, spoon or scraper. Make sure that it’s already prepared and the materials are also clean.
2. Mix the cornstarch, baking soda, and lavender essential oil. Make sure that there are no clumps. You can use scraper or spoon to break the crumbs. If you can see oil or liquid, you need to mix it thoroughly. Make sure only powder are in the container.
3. Put it in a spray container and be sure that the container has no leakage.
4. Shake the container for about 2 minutes. The longer, the better.
5. Your dry shampoo is now ready!
Just follow these five steps in making a dry shampoo. I know all of you are asking how to use dry shampoo? Well, here’s the answer to your question:
How to use dry shampoo?
1. Section out your hair. Try to use hair bands to separate your hair from one another. This could help you to put the dry shampoo easier.
2. Apply dry shampoo near your roots first. Spray the shampoo from your root going down. Don’t worry if you feel that your hair is a little chalky, just comb your hair after.
3. Let the shampoo sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Your dry shampoo needs to absorb the oil at your roots. Just wait for 5 to 10 minute. The longer you wait, the more beautiful. Just keep calm and watch movies while waiting for 10 minutes.
4. Use your fingertips to massage the shampoo into your hair. Massage your hair using your fingertips, it can help the oil to easily absorb. Massage your hair for about 10 to 15 minutes. Once you’re done, you can proceed to the last step.
5. Brush your hair with the use of a comb to brush away the excess shampoo. Most of the time you can’t control the way you spray the shampoo right? You applied too much of it and it can make your hair looks chalky. In this case, comb your hair using a stiff bristle brush to remove excess powder. Brush your hair until there’s no excess powder.